- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Serves 4Servings
3/4 cup dried wheat berries, rinsed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 medium-sized navel oranges, peeled and pith removed and cut into slices
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/2 cup watercressFresh cilantro leaves, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
For vinaigrette, whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
Bring water to boil over high heat in medium saucepan. Stir in wheat berries and salt. Reduce heat to low, partially cover and let simmer for 1 hour, or until wheat berries are tender. Drain and rinse berries. Combine onion, oranges and wheat berries in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with vinaigrette. Let sit 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with watercress and cilantro.
If you enjoy our articles, we would really appreciate it if you would share it with your friends! Sharing links above and below! Sign up for our Monday Morning Inspiration Newsletter here.