Invented in 1893 at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, the Waldorf salad may be a bit dated, but it’s still delicious! It inspired our reinvention of a lunchbox classic, tuna salad. In our test kitchen we love sustainably-sourced, ocean-wise solid-pack tuna.
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 2 (4 1/2 -ounce) cans white tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well; season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in mini pita or on your favourite bread.