- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, white parts only, sliced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cooked lima beans
- 1/2 cup cooked pantacce pasta
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
For pistou, place garlic, basil leaves and Parmesan in food processor and pulse. With food processor running, gradually add olive oil until well combined. Transfer to dish and cover until ready to use.
For soup, in large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and zucchini; cook 2 minutes. Add water and potatoes; bring to boil. Add green beans and lima beans; lower to simmer and cook 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Mix in cooked pasta and half of prepared pistou; cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and serve with remaining pistou.