- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 cups canned San Marzano tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups good quality chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Chopped peanuts, to garnish
In large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and
cook until golden, about 5 minutes; add garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute. Add ginger and sweet potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes. Add coconut milk, tomatoes, pumpkin purée, chicken stock and honey. bring to boil; simmer for 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
Pour half of the soup into large bowl and purée with hand blender; return soup to saucepan. Add peanut butter and lime juice. If soup is too thick add 1/4 cup of water. Heat through and season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
If you enjoy our articles, we would really appreciate it if you would share it with your friends! Sharing links above and below! Sign up for our Monday Morning Inspiration Newsletter here.