- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 4 (5-ounce) strip loin steaks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 baguette, quartered horizontally
- Flat leaf parsley to garnish
In a small bowl, mash 2 tablespoons butter with parsley and garlic until combined; set aside.
Pat steaks dry; rub with olive oil , salt and pepper. Heat a heavy skillet over high heat and cook steaks 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer meat to a plate and cover with foil; let rest 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in same skillet. Add mushrooms, cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add brandy and reduce by half. To assemble sandwich, cut steaks across grain into 1/4-inch thick slices. Spread a thin layer of herb butter onto cut sides of ciabatta. Top with steak slices, mushrooms. Sprinkle with parsley. Place bread top over filling. Press down and cut into 4 sandwiches.