- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1/2 pound fresh halibut, chopped
- 1/4 pound shrimp, peeled, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup panko
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, finely minced
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon grass, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves, lightly chopped
- 1 package (25 sheets) spring roll wrappers
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Cooking oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar or sherry (sherry adds a deep, beautiful flavour)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
For dipping sauce, in small bowl mix all ingredients and set aside.
For spingrolls, in small bowl, lightly break up crab meat and set aside. In another bowl, place halibut and shrimp with all remaining ingredients and mix by hand carefully, in one direction. Fold in crabmeat, carefully.
To assemble, place spring-roll wrapper onto clean surface, and top with 3 tablespoons crabmeat horizontally, about 1 inch from the bottom. With pastry brush, eggwash outer edges of wrapper and roll up tightly, leaving the ends flat. Repeat with all wrappers.
In large skillet, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat and fry spring rolls a few at a time about 1 1/2 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towel. Cut each spring roll on the bias into thirds. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.