- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 (5-ounce) steelhead trout fillets, or any firm white fish
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups good quality chicken stock
- 2 cups dried couscous
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped apricots, extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, extra for garnish
For couscous, bring stock to boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in couscous and butter. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork; stir in apricots and fresh cilantro.
For fish, in medium bowl, combine olive oil, curry paste, cumin, lime juice and honey. Add fish and rub well with spices. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet; fry fish 4 to 6 minutes per side or until nearly opaque in centre.
To assemble, divide couscous among 4 plates and top with fish. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with apricots and cilantro.