- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Serves 6 to 8Servings
- Butter, for greasing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely-ground cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cream-style corn
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 6 ounces cooked bacon, crumbed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Serve with our Scrambled eggs (get recipe)
In large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together eggs, milk, creamed corn and canola oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined (batter should be lumpy).
Spoon batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with bacon and cheese. Bake until golden for 20-25 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near centre comes out clean. Cool skillet on wire rack for 10 minutes. Gently run knife around edges of pan, cut into thick slices.