- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Serves 6Servings
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 3 cups homemade chicken stock
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, soaked in water
- 6 bird chiles or Thai chiles, stemmed, halved, seeded and sliced
- 5 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes and sliced
1/2 pound black tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
Trim off and discard grassy upper stalks of lemon grass and hard root stumps. Peel off and discard tough outer layer. Flatten stalks with flat side of knife or cleaver, cut stalks into 1/4 -inch pieces; set aside.
In medium saucepan, bring stock to boil over medium heat. Add lemon grass, kaffir leaves and chiles. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes longer. Stir in lemon juice and fish sauce. Serve in shallow bowls. Garnish with cilantro.
Not getting our newsletter? Sign Up here!