To make the mixture combine chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, water, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor, and purée until smooth.
To assemble wraps, spread 1/2 cup chickpea mixture evenly over each tortilla half. Arrange bell pepper strips, arugula, cucumbers, fennel and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Roll tightly and slice to serve.
- Prep Time
- 2 cups chickpea mixture (see recipe below)
- 4 whole wheat our tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/2 cup English cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 fennel bulb, cored, thinly sliced
- Balsamic vinegar to drizzle
- 1 can (14-ounce) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper