- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 1/2 package (1/2-pound) rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Italian pork sausage, casing removed and crumbled
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28-ounce) San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Coarse salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until slightly brown, about 5 minutes; remove and set aside. To same pan, add onion and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes. Add drained pasta and cook another 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through. Gently stir in sausage and ricotta cheese. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with Pecorino Romano and basil leaves.