- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 (1-pound) package wide rice noodles
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced or julienned
- 1//2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 leaves kale, thinly sliced
- 1/2 leftover roast chicken, sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 1 clove garlic 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Thai chili, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 teaspoon hot mustard
- Juice of 1⁄2 lime
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
For vinaigrette, in food processor fitted with blade, pulse peanuts, garlic, ginger and chili until roughly chopped. Add in mustard, lime juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil and pulse a few times to combine. With food processor running, drizzle in canola oil through the feed tube until emulsified. Set aside.
In large pot of boiling water, cook rice noodles
for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain and rinse with cold water. Divide among 4 resealable containers for later use, or among 4 bowls if serving immediately.
Divide vegetables and chicken, arrange on top of cold rice noodles. Package vinaigrette in a small container and pour over when ready to serve, or if serving immediately, drizzle over salad. Serves 4.