- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon butter
10 baby white potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup good quality chicken stock
- 10 cherry tomatoes
4 (5-ounce) fresh red snapper fillets
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf leaf parsley, chopped
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, garlic and chicken stock; cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and cook another 2 minutes. Season fish with salt, pepper and lemon juice, and place on vegetables. Lower heat to simmer and cover skillet; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until fish is nearly opaque in centre. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Do not overcook fish; it should be served flaky and translucent in colour when done. You can always return the fish to the pan if it needs another minute.