- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 1 head red oak leaf lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Caoarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Garlic croutons
- 1 loaf country bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
For dressing, in small bowl combine all ingredients until well blended; set aside.
For croutons, place garlic and olive oil in small saucepan over low heat, simmer until garlic is soft. Add bread and toss. Cook until golden and crisp, turning often about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
To assemble, in large bowl, combine lettuce, shaved Parmesan, and garlic croutons. Add Dijon dressing and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.