- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ounce pork tenderloin, trimmed and cubed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mild curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro leaves
Pat pork dry; season with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat half the olive oil over high heat. Add pork and cook for 2 minutes per side, remove and set aside. In the same skillet, add remaining oil, curry paste, cumin and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, until spices are fragrant. Stir in jam and coconut milk; cook 5 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens. Mix in cranberries and chickpeas; cook 5 minutes longer. Stir in lime juice and green onions. Return pork to skillet and cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Make sure to give the coconut milk a good shake before opening the can. The thick coconut cream rises to the top and the milk settles on the bottom during storage.