- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Serves 6.Servings
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves plus 2 sprigs
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt plus more
- 6 6-ounce arctic char steaks, each about 1 1/4" thick
- 2 bunches asparagus (about 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
Blend egg yolks, lemon juice, and mustard powder in a blender. Add basil and 1/4 cup tarragon. With machine running, drizzle in 3/4 cup oil; blend until smooth. Transfer mayonnaise to a small bowl, cover, and chill.
Combine tarragon sprigs, garlic, 2 tablespoons kosher salt, and 6 cups water in a large deep, lidded skillet and bring to a boil. Add fish, cover, and remove skillet from heat. Let stand until fish is just opaque in the center, 6-8 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook asparagus in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes; drain. Serve fish with asparagus; top with mayonnaise, drizzle with some olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt.
DO AHEAD: Mayonnaise can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.