- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons 35% cream, to glaze
- 1 pound ripe fresh plums, pitted and quartered
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
For filling, combine plums, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice in medium bowl; toss gently and set aside.
For pastry, place flour, salt, and sugar in food processor and pulse to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg yolk, then with machine running, add ice water drop by drop until dough comes together. Divide dough into 3 balls. Press each ball into flat rounds; wrap and chill at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 375°F. To assemble, roll out each pastry round and transfer to baking sheet. Divide plum filling evenly among rounds, leaving 2-inch borders. Fold pastry up and over filling. Brush pastry with glaze. Bake until crust is golden and juices in centre are bubbling, about 40 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet.