- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 1 can (28 fluid ounces) diced San Marzano tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1 package penne pasta, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- Bunch basil leaves
- Coarse salt and grated black pepper
In small pot over medium heat, heat olive oil; add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes; bring to quick boil and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes. Add cream and increase heat to bring sauce to rolling boil for 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large stockpot, prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; place back in pot and stir in tomato cream sauce. Transfer to serving platter and top with Parmesan cheese and basil.