- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 package (1 pound) penne
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Spanish chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup good quality chicken stock
2 tablespoons salted butter, chilled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 piece (3 ounces) Parmesan cheese, shaved
Tomato, cucumber, and onion salad
4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
1 large cucumber, sliced
1/2 small white onion, thinly sliced
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
White wine vinegar, to drizzle
Extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
Coarse salt and cracked black pepper
For salad, chop vegetables and set aside in serving bowl.
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta stirring occasionally, until tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1 cup water, and return pasta to pot.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook until slightly brown, about 5 minutes. Add onion, garlic and tomatoes and cook 3 minutes.
Stir in chicken stock and cook 3 minutes. Add drained pasta, 1/4 cup reserved pasta water and cook another 4 minutes or until pasta absorbs sauce. Mix in butter and basil; toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
Meanwhile drizzle olive oil and vinegar onto salad, season, toss and serve.