- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup 35% cream or milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Canola oil, for frying
Place potatoes in medium saucepan, cover with cold water and add salt. bring to boil.
reduce to simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain. Pass potatoes through ricer into medium bowl. Add cream or milk, parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper. Mix gently, shape and roll in our, shaking off excess. place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Place eggs and breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip in beaten egg mixture, then into breadcrumb mixture, pressing to coat. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Fry fritters in batches for 30 seconds per side or until golden and warm inside. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.