- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Serves 8Servings
1 (12-ounce) package medium-thick pad thai noodles (rice noodles)
1 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
1 (4-ounce) package firm tofu, drained and diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup tamarind juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce or oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sambal olek or Sriracha sauce
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup crushed, salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, to garnish
- 1/2 cup cilantro, to garnish
For this recipe we definitely recommend checking your Asian ingredients and making sure you are stocked.
Bring medium saucepan filled with water to boil. Add noodles and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil; set aside.
Heat remaining oil in wok over high heat. Add garlic and chicken; cook 2 to 3 minutes until chicken is only slightly pink. Add tofu and cook 1 minute longer. Stir in eggs. Add noodles, tamarind juice, fish sauce, vinegar, sugar, and sambal; cook for 3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook 2 to 4 minutes longer. Add peanuts; toss to coat. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with bean sprouts and cilantro.
Not getting our newsletter? Sign Up here!