- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 to 10Servings
- 1 (5 to 6pound) leg of lamb, trimmed and tied
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, toasted
Garlic mint sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
In a small bowl combine garlic, mint, thyme, oil, lemon zest, and cumin. Rub over entire leg of lamb; marinate 12 hours or up to 1 day in refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place lamb in a roasting pan, uncovered, and bake 1 to 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 155°F. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with garlic mint sauce.
In a food processor, add garlic, yolks, and salt. Blend until foamy. With machine running, add olive oil, a few drops at a time, then as a steady stream. Add lemon juice. Adjust seasoning with salt. Blend in mint. Chill 6 hours before using.
Makes 1 cup sauce.