- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Yogurt mint sauce
- 3/4 cup Greek style plain yogurt, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
For yogurt mint sauce, combine yogurt, lemon juice, mayonnaise, mint and garlic.
Stir well. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, paprika and fennel; cook 3 to 4 minutes, until spices are fragrant. Set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, combine lamb, parsley, salt, pepper and spice mixture; mix gently.
Shape mixture into 1-inch round balls. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve with yogurt mint sauce.