- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Serve 4Servings
- 1 (3-ounce) package rice vermicelli, separated into small bundles
- Canola oil, for frying, plus more to stir fry
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic bean paste
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 dried red chili, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Fresh cilantro leaves, to garnish
In small skillet, heat 1-inch oil to just before smoking. Flash fry noodle bundles, about 10 seconds each. Drain on paper towels. Set aside to cool.
In a wok, heat 1/4 cup oil to high heat. Add pork and cook until browned; add red pepper and cook 2 minutes. Remove and transfer mixture to a bowl; set aside. To same wok, add garlic, fish sauce, bean paste, lime juice, ketchup, soy sauce, water, sugar, honey and chili. Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture thickens, 4 to 5 minutes. Add cooked pork and peppers and cook until heated through. Divide noodles onto 6 plates. Top with pork mixture; garnish with green onions and cilantro leaves.
Not getting our newsletter? Sign Up here!