- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Store for multiple useServings
- 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas (reserve the liquid and a few chickpeas for decoration)
- 4 tsp tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed sea salt
- 6 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 3½ tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Paprika (optional)
- Coriander or parsley leaves (optional)
Drain chickpeas reserving liquid, and place in food processor. Add tahini, crushed garlic, salt, lemon juice and 4 tablespoons of the reserved liquid from the cans. Turn on food processor and slowly pour in oil while it runs.
When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, remove into a serving dish. Drizzle with some more extra-virgin olive oil and decorate with a few whole chickpeas. Sprinkle with paprika and finely chopped coriander or parsley leaves.
Serve with our eggplant jam.