- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 stalk lemon grass, white part only, sliced
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup good-quality kimchee
- Toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
In large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. When oil has started to smoke, add shallots, garlic and lemon grass and sauté for 1 minute. Add mussels, toss until coated and add wine. Cook, stirring constantly, until mussel shells have opened, about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and set aside. Once cooled, remove mussels from shells and place in bowl with kimchee, then toss.