- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8Servings
- 4 (9-inch) our tortillas
- Beef mixture (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- Salsa, guacamole and sour cream to serve
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
For beef filling, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin and coriander and cook for 2 minutes. Add beef and cook 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and drain fat from skillet. Meanwhile, add onion to food processor and purée until smooth. Add onion and ketchup to beef in skillet and continue cooking on low heat for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
To prepare tortillas, preheat oven to 350°F. Using scissors, cut tortillas into double heart shapes. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with oil and fold tortilla over. Bake for 5 minutes, or until slightly golden and puffy. Set aside to cool.
To assemble, fill each taco with 1/4 cup beef mixture, cheese and lettuce. Serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
Not getting our newsletter? Sign Up!