- 2 (5-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Mango grapefruit salsa
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, peeled, pith removed, chopped
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, chopped
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
For salsa, combine all ingredients. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature. To serve, purée half salsa mixture and spoon over fish, then spoon over remaining chopped salsa (purée optional).
For fish, combine avocado oil, lemon zest and juice. Season both sides of fish with salt and pepper. Brush both sides with avocado oil mixture. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Preheat grill to high: grease grill and reduce to medium-high heat. Grill halibut steak 2 to 3 minutes per side or until cooked but still moist. Remove from grill and drizzle with additional avocado oil and top with mango salsa.