- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 large bunch green beans, trimmed, sliced lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large red onion, sliced paper-thin
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Coarse salt and cracked black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
Whisk melted butter with Worcestershire sauce and set aside. In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar and salt. Separate onion slices and toss in flour mixture to coat. Pour 1-inch vegetable oil into a heavy skillet and heat to medium high. Shake excess flour from onion rings and fry in batches, stirring often. Remove and drain on paper towels and set aside.
Place beans in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil; cover and reduce to medium heat for about 3 minutes. Remove from water and place in mixing bowl; toss with fried onions and butter mixture. Salt and pepper to serve.