A lovely mini version of the Caprese salad meaning "Salad of Capri". A simple Italian salad, made of fresh buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, seasoned with salt and extra-virgin olive oil. It is made to resemble the colors of the Italian flag: red, white, and green. Beautiful and delicious.
- Prep Time
- 12 medium-sized fresh mozzarella balls, halved
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pesto (see recipe below)
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
For pesto, place basil, garlic, nuts and Parmesan cheese in a food processor and pulse. With food processor running, gradually add olive oil until well combined.
In a medium bowl, toss all ingredients until well combined.