- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 cupsServings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are very soft and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and cool; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add onions and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with kettle-style chips.