- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Serves 4Servings
- 4 (4-ounce) filet mignon, 2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
Blue cheese butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup crumbled Danish blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
For blue cheese butter, blend together all ingredients in small bowl. Cover and chill until firm.
Preheat grill to high; lightly oil grill. Rub filet mignon with olive oil and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear filet mignon on both sides. Reduce heat to medium low and cover with lid. Cook 6-8 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from grill. Cover and let stand 20 minutes. Top with blue cheese butter before serving.