- Prep Time
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely sliced
- 4 ounces Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano sprigs, to garnish
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Oregano red-wine dressing
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
For dressing, whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl; set aside for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
Place lettuce, cucumber, and onion in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently. Top with crumbled cheese and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.