- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 jarsServings
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water, plus additional as needed
- 4 ears corn, husks removed (or canned corn)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 chorizo sausages, casing removed
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed
- Coarse salt and cracked black pepper
- Sour cream, cilantro and Tabasco to serve
In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring broth and the 1 cup water to a boil. Place ears of corn in broth and cook for 5 minutes. Remove corn and set aside to cool. Reduce heat to and continue cooking broth at a gentle simmer.
Cut corn from cobs and place in food processor with 1 cup hot broth. Pulse until just combined; set aside.
Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat and sauté sausage until browned, approximately 5 minutes. Add onion and celery and continue cooking another 8-10 minutes, or until vegetables soften. Add sausage mixture, and potatoes to the stockpot of broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 20 minutes before serving. Salt and pepper to serve. Serve with Cilantro, sour and Tabasco.
Spoon into sterile jars to just below neck and screw lids on . To can, use preferred canning method to can. Makes 2 jars.