- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- Thighs and drumsticks from deboned duck or 2 each duck thighs and drumsticks
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 sprigs thyme
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup salt
- 4 cups duck fat or olive oil
- 1 pound and 4 ounces fresh, flat rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups green beans, cut in 1/2 -inch diagonal slices
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup peanuts, crushed and toasted
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
In large, glass bowl, place duck, skin side down and rub with garlic and thyme. Combine sugar and salt and sprinkle over duck. Place covered in fridge for 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 225 ̊F. Place duck and oil in roaster and roast 3 hours or until meat falls off bone. Be sure oil does not come to a boil; this will dry duck out. Allow duck to cool and pull meat off bones in pieces. Refrigerate and save bones for consommé.
Soak noodles in hot water. In wok, over medium-high heat, add butter and sesame oil. When they begin to smoke, add green beans and toss for 2 minutes. Add noodles, soy, sweet soy and pepper. Toss until ingredients are incorporated, about 2 minutes.
To serve, place everything in a serving bowl. Garnish with peanuts and fresh parsley.