- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 thick bacon slices
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ounce Danish noble blue cheese, crumbled
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices buttermilk bread, toasted
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 vine ripened tomato, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted and sliced
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place bacon on parchment-lined baking sheet and cook 10 minutes, or until crisp; drain on paper towel and set aside.
In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and blue cheese; season with salt and pepper.
To assemble sandwich, spread a thin layer of blue cheese mayonnaise on one side of toasted bread. Layer bread with lettuce, chicken, tomato, avocado and bacon. Top with second slice of bread.
To speed the ripening process of an avocado, place into a brown paper bag along with a banana, close tightly and leave for 1 to 2 days.