- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Serves 4Servings
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped or seared
- 1 cup Parmesan, finely grated
- 2 cups homemade croutons
- 10 slices prosciutto, fried crispy and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
For dressing, in medium bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk well to combine. Dressing flavours are intensified by resting in fridge over night.
If searing the romaine, slice romaine in half, drizzle extra-virgin olive oil into medium to hot skillet, and sear one side for 30 - 60 seconds. Remove and place in serving platter, drizzle with dressing and top with prosciutto, croutons and parmesan.
Otherwise, in large bowl, place chopped romaine and toss with dressing. Add parmesan and croutons and toss again. Turn onto serving platter and top with prosciutto, croutons and remaining parmesan.