- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups good quality chicken stock, heated
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Shaved parmesan cheese, to garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place squash cut side down in shallow baking dish. Add 2 cups water. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; peel and remove seeds and strings from centre. Cube and set aside.
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes, or until softened. Stir in rice and squash. Add 1 cup stock and cook, stirring constantly until all liquid is absorbed. Add remaining stock in batches and continue to cook rice until all liquid is absorbed and rice is creamy and tender, about 20 minutes. remove from heat; season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Divide among 4 plates and sprinkle with parsley and shaved parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.