- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs, basted
- 4 bagels, toasted
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 hothouse tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
In small bowl, combine maple syrup and Dijon. Set aside.
For tomatoes, preheat oven to 375°F. Cut tomatoes in half, place cut-side up on baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with oregano and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes to intensify flavour. Set aside.
To assemble, spread maple-Dijon mixture on bagel bottom. Top with bacon, two oven-roasted tomato halves, arugula and 1 basted egg. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.