- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
Olive oil pita croutons
- 6 mini pitas, quartered
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Creamy feta dressing
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Pickled white beans
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 (19-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
For feta dressing, in small bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well to combine, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be made up to 1 day in advance.
For pickled beans, in small pot, heat vinegar, bay leaf, peppercorns, salt and sugar to simmer. Shut off heat and let steep for 5 minutes. Place beans in small bowl. Strain pickling liquid through fine mesh strainer over beans. Allow to sit for 1 hour or refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 400°F. For croutons, toss pitas in olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Bake for 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Croutons will crisp as they cool.
Toss asparagus with olive oil and spread in single layer on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes on lowest rack of the oven, turning once during cooking. Remove from oven once tender.
While asparagus cooks, poach eggs. Arrange asparagus on platter, top with pickled beans, poached eggs and croutons, and dress with creamy feta dressing.