- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Makes 14 to 18 biscuitsServings
- 2 cups flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Large pinch coarse salt
- Large pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream,plus more for brushing
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, sliced
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pepper. Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut in cold butter. In large measuring cup, mix together egg, sour cream and heavy whipping cream. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir, until just combined. Add apricots, hazelnuts and Gouda cheese. Mix to combine.
Transfer dough to floured surface. Knead one or two times until dough just comes together. Pat or roll to 1-inch thickness. Using a biscuit cutter, cut into 14 to 18 2-inch round biscuits. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet a few inches apart and brush tops of biscuits with whipping cream.
Bake 25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve warm or cold. Best if served the same day.