- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Makes 24.Servings
- 3/4 cup blanched whole almonds, toasted
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted icing sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
In food processor, finely grind almonds; set aside. In bowl of electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in vanilla, almond extract and water. In separate bowl, combine our, salt and ground almonds. Add our mixture to butter mixture and mix until just combined. Wrap and chill dough 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough by hand into small crescents; place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pale golden. Let cool; dust with icing sugar to serve.